Meals are available weekdays, 12pm-3pm & 5pm-9pm. Saturday/Sunday, 12pm-9pm.
Daily specials in addition to main menu (below).
Special Sunday Menu including traditional and vegetarian roasts.
Our meats are supplied from John Crawshaw Butchers and are locally sourced and fully traceable.
(Fish is supplied by William Howe and Son local fish merchant, whilst for fresh fruit and vegetables we use ‘All Seasons’ who is to be found at Castle Market, Stall 50a & 51).
- Christmas Party…
- Our function room can be booked for Christmas parties of up to 25 people.
- Christmas Party Menu download.
- Special Christmas Menu (.PDF format)
- Christmas Party Booking Form downloads.
- Special Christmas Party Booking Form (.xlxs format)
Special Christmas Party Booking Form(.PDF format)
All of our dishes are prepared in an environment which may contain traces of nuts. If you have any allergies or dietary requirements, please inform a member of staff when placing your order.
V Vegetarian options are available.
Download menu! menu - June 2013 (pdf file).
Example Menu – actual menu varies (prices include VAT).
- LITE BITES
- £4.50Handmade Fishcakes with smoked haddock and coley
- served on a bed of pan-fried baby spinach.
- £2.50 Chipsv
- served with Henderson's Relish ketchup.
- Add gravy, garlic mayo or cheese for 50p each.
- £3.50Kumara Fries v
- (in English: Sweet Potato Fries) served with garlic Mayo.
- £4.50Satay Chicken Skewers
- chicken pieces marinated in our own marinade with homemade satay sauce and garnished with salad.
- £4.00Hummus & Cruditésvv
- two homemade hummus garnished with olive oil and paprika.
- £6.00Ribs and Chips
- with BBQ sauce and homemade coleslaw.
- fried tortillas with guacamole, sour cream, homemade salsa and homemade chilli. Topped with cheddar and Jalapenos. Choose from five bean chilliv or chilli con carne.
- SHARING BOARDS
- £11.00Meat Board
- satay chicken skewers, grilled chorizo slices, Brussels pâté, homemade ham hock terrine, corned beef cured on site, ribs, toast and pickles.
- £10.50Vegetarian Boardv
- homemade coleslaw, handcrafted corn fritters, hummus, crudités, roasted vegetables, toast and dips.
- £11.00Cheese Boardv
- three wedges of varying cheese, rustic bread, olives, grapes, mixed nuts and pickles.
- £6.50Red Onion, Olive and Peperonata Salad vv
- with rocket, spinach and cherry tomatoes.
- £7.00Corn Fritters v
- with homemade sweet chilli sauce and goat’s cheese and tomato salad.
- £8.00Crab Linguine
- with fresh herbs, chillies and rocket.
- £7.50Sun Dried Tomato Linguine v
- pesto made with sun dried tomatoes and served with rocket.
- £7.00Full English Breakfast
- with fried free range eggs, grilled tomato, hash brown, beans and toast.
Choose from veggie sausages and pan-fried mushrooms v or sausage and dry-cured bacon.
- £8.00Beer battered Haddock & Chips
- with minted garden peas.
- £8.00Sausage & Mash
- served with caramelised onions, seasonal veg & red wine gravy.
(Choose from Pork & Apple or Quorn™v sausages).
- £7.75Pepper Pot
- with seasonal vegetables, rustic bread and butter.
Choose from Chicken, Chickpea and Sundried Tomato or Butternut Squash, Chickpea and Sundried Tomatov.
- £8.008oz Beef Burger
- 8oz of British goodness spiced with rosemary, thyme and mustard.
- £8.00Straight-up Chicken Burger
- just pure chicken breast. No crumbs!
- £7.75Vegan Burger vv
- butternut squash, sweet potato, cashews and ginger form the basis of this animal friendly burger.
- Customised Burger?
- You can add cheese of the day, bacon, caramelised onions, grilled flat mushroom to any burger for 50p per extra topping.
- All our burgers are homemade, come with chips and served with gem lettuce, beef tomatoes and gherkin.
Please allow 20 minutes for beef burgers to be freshly chargrilled.
- SANDWICHES & PITAS.
- £4.75Chargrilled Cumberland Sausage Sandwich
- with caramelised onions.
- £4.50Cod Fish-Finger Sandwich
- with baby gem and tartare sauce.
- £5.25Chicken Club Sandwich
- with free-range chicken, dry-cured back bacon, baby gem lettuce, tomato and mayo.
- £1.00…add a side portion of chips, kumara fries or salad
- £4.75Satay Chicken Pita
- narinated chicken pieces in a pita, served with satay sauce and salad garnish.
- £4.75Roasted Vegetable & Five Bean Chilli Pita vv
- served wiyh salad.