Sunday 9th April: Square Hole Comedy Night food and drink deals:
Two tickets and any bottle of wine for £20 OR two tickets, two meals and a bottle of wine for £35 (not valid with any other offer). Book through the Red Deer by the day before the gig. Contact (0114) 2722890 or email@example.com to book.
Meals are available weekdays, 12pm-3pm & 5pm-9pm and Saturday/Sunday, all day, 12pm-9pm.
Daily specials in addition to main menu (below).
Special Sunday Menu including traditional and vegetarian roasts.
Our meats are supplied from John Crawshaw Butchers and are locally sourced and fully traceable.
(Fish is supplied by William Howe and Son local fish merchant, whilst for fresh fruit and vegetables we use ‘All Seasons’).
All of our dishes are prepared in an environment which may contain traces of nuts. If you have any allergies or dietary requirements, please inform a member of staff when placing your order. Our menu is annotated with specific known allergens. Download Red Deer Allergen Key (pdf file).
V Vegetarian options are available.
Download Menu (February 2017): Red Deer weekday menu (pdf file).
Please note: This menu is currently undergoing seasonal revision.
Example Menu – actual menu varies (prices include VAT).
- Snacks & Starters
- £1.95Patatas Bravasv
- lightly fried potatoes seasoned with smoked paprika. Served with chilli -mayo dip.7
- £1.50/ £2.50 Bowl of Chipsvv
- Served with Henderson's Relish ketchup.9/10
- Add gravy1/6/9, garlic mayo3/10 or cheese7 for 50p each.
- £1.75/ £3.50Kumara Fries v
- Served with homemade garlic Mayonnaise.3/10
- £4.00 Crispy Tofu Bitesvv
- Fresh organic tofu tossed in 5-spice and corn starch then deep fried until golden and crisp. Served with sweet chilli sauce and spring onion.6/8
- £4.50Buffalo Cauliflower Wings vv
- Served with hot sauce.1/9/10
- £5.00Beer Battered Halloumiv
- Cypriot halloumi encases in a lightly seasoned batter. Served with chilli-lime mayo and salad.1/3/7
- £4.50Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings
- In a sticky BBQ sauce.9/10/12
- £4.50Vegan Haggis Pakoravv
- Mushroom and jalapeno haggis encased in gram flour & turmeric batter.
Served with Cajun sauce.1/9/10
- Fried wheat tortillas topped with cheddar, guacamole, sour cream, spicy tomato salsa,
homemade chilli and jalapenos.
Choose from five bean chilli1/7/12v or chilli con carne. 1/7/12
- £4.50Cod Fish-Fingers
- with baby gem lettuce and tartare sauce.1/3/4/7
- £4.50Coronation Tofu Salad vv
- with beef tomato and red onion.1/3/6
- £4.75Stilton & Mushroom v
- with crushed walnuts, honey and rocket.1/7/8
- £4.75Chargrilled Cumberland Sausage
- with caramelised onions.1/9
- £4.75Hummus and Roasted Red Pepper
- with rocket and red onion.1
- £5.50Chicken & Bacon
- With beef tomato, baby gem lettuce and mayonnaise.1/3
- £5.50The Reuben: Swiss Cheese, Corned Beef & Sauerkraut
- Thick-sliced Argentinian corned beef and melted Emmental cheese. Topped with sauerkraut, dill pickle and sweet American mustard.1/9/10/12
- £5.00Vegan Breakfast Bun vv
- Pan fried mushrooms, tomato, hash brown, spinach and caramelised onions.1
- £6.00Full Breakfast Bun
- Fried egg, chargrilled bacon, sausage, beef tomato, black pudding and hash brown.1/3/9
- £7.00Falafel and Tzatziki Salad v
- Crispy falafel served on a bed of green salad leaves, cucumber, red onion and
cherry tomatoes with tzatziki and Cajun sauce.1/7
- £7.50Warm Chorizo, Spinach and New Potato Salad
- Pan-fried chorizo, wilted spinach and new potato with cherry tomato, mixed leaves and spring onion.
- £8.50Chicken and Bacon Caesar Salad
- served with baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes, croutons and parmesan cheese.1/3/4/7/10
- £7.00Cajun Falafel Wrapv
- Crispy falafel spiced in Cajun Sauce and tzatziki, served with salad and chips.1/9/10/12
- £8.00Battered Tofu and Chips vv
- Tofu steaks encased in a caper and gherkin beer batter and served with Chips and vegan tartar sauce.1/6
- £8.00BBQ Tempeh Pitta vv
- With chipotle mayonnaise, nachos and jalapeno salsa.1/6
- £8.50Cumberland Sausage & Wholegrain Mustard Mash
- With caramelised onions, seasonal veg & red wine gravy.1/6/9
Quorn®v or Sage & Marjoramvv sausages available.1/3/6/7/9
- £9.00Beer Battered Coley & Chips
- with tartare sauce and garden peas.1/3/4/7
- £9.00Maple Glazed Gammon
- With chips, peas and fried eggs.3
- £8.50Vegan Cottage Pie vv
- A medley of winter vegetables with puy lentils in rich mushroom gravy topped with mashed potato.9/10
- £8.50Steak and Ale Pie
- Crawshaws finest hand crafted steak and ale pie served with seasonal vegetables, gravy and a choice of mash or chips.1/3/7/9/10
- £8.00Vegan Burgervv
- Butternut squash, sweet potato, cashews and ginger. Baked and then fried.1/8/9
- £9.508oz Beef Burger
- 8oz of Seven Hills beef mince spiced with rosemary, garlic and mustard.1/9/10
Please allow 20 minutes for beef burgers to be freshly chargrilled.
- £9.50Cajun Chicken Burger
- spiced chicken breast fillet served with Creole mayonnaise.1/9/10
- All our burgers are served with chips and salad.9/12
You can upgrade your chips to Kumara Fries for an extra 75p.
You can also add any one of the following toppings for 50p each:
Cheddar7, Vegan Cheddar, Cheese of the Week7, Stilton7, Bacon, Chorizo12, Caramelised Onions, Flat Mushroom, Guacamole, Black Pudding1/9/10/12, Jalepenos.
- served with dairy ice cream. See Specials board for today’s variety. 1/3/7
- £4.50Beetroot, Banana and Chocolate Brownievv with fruit coulis
- served with vegan ice cream.1 or vegan custard.
- ALLERGEN KEY.
1. Cereals containing GLUTEN
3. EGG, yolk and/or white
6. SOYABEANS or any soya product
7. MILK including solids
11. SEASAME SEED
12. SULPHUR DIOXIDE AND SULPHITES (>10mg/kg)