Meals are available weekdays, 12pm-3pm & 5pm-9pm. Saturday/Sunday, 12pm-9pm.
Daily specials in addition to main menu (below).
Special Sunday Menu including traditional and vegetarian roasts.
Monday 10th Nov: Square Hole Comedy Night food and drink deals:
Two tickets and any bottle of wine for £16 OR two tickets, two meals and a bottle of wine for £30 (not valid with any other offer). Book through the Red Deer by the day before the gig. Call (0114) 2722890 to book.
Our meats are supplied from John Crawshaw Butchers and are locally sourced and fully traceable.
(Fish is supplied by William Howe and Son local fish merchant, whilst for fresh fruit and vegetables we use ‘All Seasons’).
All of our dishes are prepared in an environment which may contain traces of nuts. If you have any allergies or dietary requirements, please inform a member of staff when placing your order.
V Vegetarian options are available.
Download NEW menu! menu - May 2014 (pdf file).
Example Menu – actual menu varies (prices include VAT).
- LITE BITES
- £1.50/ £2.50 Bowl of Chipsvv
- Served with Henderson's Relish ketchup.
- Add gravy, garlic mayo or cheese for 50p each.
- £1.75/ £3.50Handcut Kumara Fries v
- (Sweet Potato Fries) Served with homemade garlic Mayonnaise.
- £4.50Homemade Thai Fishcakes
- With Coley and Tuna, served on a bed of wilted spinach with sweet chilli sauce.
- £4.00Roasted Vegetable Bruschettavv
- Rustic bread toasted with garlic oil and topped with roasted vegetables and salsa.
- Fried tortillas with guacamole, sour cream, homemade salsa and homemade chilli.
Topped with cheddar and Jalapenos.
Choose from five bean chilliv or chilli con carne.
- £4.75Stilton, Walnut and Mushroom v
- with honey and rocket.
- £4.75Chargrilled Cumberland Sausage
- with Balsamic caramelised onions.
- £4.50Cod Fish-Fingers
- with baby gem lettuce and tartare sauce.
- £4.50Vegan Breakfast Bun vv
- Pan fried mushrooms, tomato and caramelised onions.
- £4.75Full Breakfast Bun
- Fried egg, chargrilled bacon, sausage and grilled tomato.
- £4.75Smoked Chicken Sandwich
- With honey mustars maoyonnaise, red onion and salad.
- £6.50Smoked Chicken and Bacon Salad
- Served with baby gem, cucumber ribbons, cherry tomatoes and rocket.
- £6.50Roasted Vegetable Salad vv
- Roasted seasonal vegetables served on a bed of baby gem, rocket, cucumber and cherry tomatoes.
- £8.508oz Beef Burger
- 8oz of Seven Hills beef mince spiced with rosemary, thyme and mustard.
- £8.25Flame Grilled Chicken Burger
- Seasoned and grilled to perfection.
- £8.00Vegan Burger vv
- Butternut squash, kumara, cashews and ginger; baked and then fried.
- Customised Burger?
- You can add grilled cheddar, cheese of the week, bacon, caramelised onions, or a grilled flat mushroom to any burger for 50p per extra topping.
- All our burgers are homemade and come with chips and rocket salad.
Please allow 20 minutes for beef burgers to be freshly chargrilled.
- £8.00Homemade Beer Battered Coley & Chips
- with tartare sauce and minted garden peas.
- £8.50Cumberland Sausage & Sping Onion Mash
- With caramelised onions, seasonal vegetables & red wine gravy.
Change to Quorn® for a vegetarian option v.
- £8.00Honey Glazed Gammon and Eggs
- With chips & a slice of pineapple.
- £9.00Chargrilled Lamb Chops
- Served with crushed baby potatoes and beetroot salad.
- £7.50Spicy Pepper Pot
- Red and yellow peppers stewed in spices and served with crushed new potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Choose from Chicken or Aubergine & Butternut Squash.vv